Wednesday 5 February 2014

Modelling a pillar in cinema 4D

In this task I had to make a pillar using cinema 4D. in this I used primitive objects, spline objects and extrusion methods.

Firstly I created a cube. I then in the attributes/objects palette I applied settings to the cube to made the size and radius of the cube look like a reasonable sized base of a pillar. I then created a duplicate cube to help make the base of the pillar look more like a pillar. To make sure they weren't the same size cube, I changed the object properties with different settings to make the base of the pillar so it looked like they were stacked.
After I made the base of the pillar I had to make rest of it so I then used the cogwheel tool. I laid it flat onto where I wanted it to be then I changed the object properties so it could fit the base of the pillar. I changed the inner radius to 57m, then the middle radius to 58m, and the outer radius to 60m. When I had done this, I had to stretch the cogwheel shape into the shape of the pillar. To do this, I had to extrude the object then put a hyer nurbs onto it. When I had done this, I copied and pasted the first two boxes I had made for the base and positioned the up the Y axis to the top of the pillar to finish it off.                                                             When I had finished making the pillar, I put a marble-like material over it and added a sky background.                            This is the finished product. 


No comments:

Post a Comment