Thursday 6 February 2014

Making a Tap

To begin making a tap, I started off with a cube.
I had to change the side of the cube to make the base of the tap. Using the settings I changed the width of the cube to 1000m, changed the width segments to 8, changed the height of the cube to 20m, the segments to 1, and the depth of the cube to 300m with a segment of 3.



 After this, I put the object into polygon mode and changed into live mode to select. I selected the middle 4 segments of the object and began to extrude them by using the extrude tool. 

Every time I extruded the shape more I changed the rotation of it and extruded it until I got the basic shape of the tap.



I rotated the object again and extruded it to make the tap shape.
Using the live mode tool I selected the bottom two segments and extruded up into the shape so that the tap was hollow.


 I then used hypernurbs to smooth out the sharp edges and so it looked more like a tap.
To make the tap handles I created a new object and started again by using a cube and extruding it to make the shape.





I then used the hypernurbs tool to make it look smoother.

 I copied my tap into my main object and placed it in the space next to the faucet.
 I copied the tap again to the other side of the faucet.
 Here is the finished tap.
Here is the tap rendered.

No comments:

Post a Comment