Monday 10 February 2014

3D Crystals

For my second model I made some crystals. This was a lot easier and quicker to make because it was more simple. I started with a capsule. I then changed the rotation segments, I changed the cap segment to 1 so that it had a point at the end and changed the height segments to make it longer.
I then converted it into a polygon object so I could use the knife tool to cut random sections of the crystal to make it look more like a real crystal so when I put a material over the top of the crystal it looked more like frosted glass. I then copied and pasted the same shape and positioned them so that it looked like a cluster of crystals. I then added the material and lights so that you could see the crystals more clearly.

Here is the finished product.



No comments:

Post a Comment