Monday 10 February 2014

Link's shield from Zelda

For one my final 3d models I decided to make a shield. To make the shield, I used a template which was an image of the character Link's Hylian Shield.
Here is the image I used as the template for the shield. I got the image off of google images.
When I had the image. I imported it into cinema 4d. I viewed it in the front view and made the image slightly transparent so I could see the outlines more clearly so that it would make it a lot easier for me to put a spline around it to get the shape.

 Here if the finished spline I made using the bezier tool. To make this spline, I went around half of the image and used the symmetry tool and put the spline inside of the tool which mirrored half of the spline that I did. You can see clearly the outline of the image. This spline is viewed in 3D mode.
In order to make the shield 3D, I had to extrude my spline. However, it did not work with the design and it was hard to get the outline of the shield and the inside of the shield extruded so I extruded it to make it look like more of a traditional shied with the outline raised so that it didn't look flat. 

For this part of the shield I extruded all of the inside parts. Again, I extruded half of the shield and used the symmetry tool so that it would mirror what I have done. I then looked at the materials and used the closest materials I could find to match the hylian shield colours.  
Here is the finished shield. I am very happy with how it turned out. Although I am going to change the materials for some better more realistic materials for the shield. I am also going to add lights and rotate the shield so it looks a lot better than just a full on shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment