Monday 17 March 2014

Making a scythe

For my next model,  I am making a scythe. To make this I first got a template to go around. I used a bezier spline to go around the image. I then extruded the shape. However It looked quite plain, so I decided to go back and add some shapes in the middle using the bezier spline again and extruding them. To make the inside shapes look 3D. I moved them forward using the move tool.
After I had finished exturding everything, I decided to put materials on the scythe. There wasn't many materials that looked good on the scythe, however I tried my best to find the most appropriate ones.
Here is the finished product rendered.
Then I added lights so that you could see the scythe better. And you can see the shine on the metal on the scythe.

No comments:

Post a Comment